Seems as if Harley’s been gnawing at his front paws ever since we moved to my tropical paradise. That is, until we learned Natural Paws products can soothe the itch associated with environmental allergies…
For months I’ve been battling this allergen monster on Harley’s behalf. Paw nibbling didn’t start until shortly after we arrived in Charleston.
During a routine visit to the vet, I expressed my concerns. He examined Harley then said –
“Harley is suffering from environmental allergies”
I felt like Gary Coleman from TV’s Different Strokes…
Harley’s NEVER had allergy issues.
Dr. Jon was forced to spend quality time with me that day. I needed answers.
I wanted to know –
- From where??
- When would it end???
HERE’S WHAT HE SAID –
- Seasonal allergies are common here in the South. Charleston ranked 28th this year with the Asthma and Allergy Foundation #wonderful
- Pollen, grass, mites, the great outdoors!
- Some dogs (transplanted to the SC area) only suffer with these allergy issues initially. Over time, their immune systems seem to adjust. While others suffer as long as they live here. #ourluck
I opted to try an over the counter antihistamine (Benadryl) for a few days to offer him some relief, but I didn’t want to do this forever. I just needed to buy some time as I searched for a more holistic way to defeat this new enemy.
AN ANGEL APPEARS –
Fast forward to June.
I’m in Phoenix at the Blog Paws Conference. I’ve just made it through the lunch buffet line.
I’m juggling my plate of food, utensils, beverage, AND computer bag like a circus clown – trying desperately to look “cool” as I navigate through the round tables and chairs in the main ballroom searching for a seat.
“Cathy – over here!… ”
…echoed a friendly voice in the direction I was going.
As I sat down with Kimberly and Lara, a super friendly woman named Elyse Morvath extended her hand and introduced herself.
She had no idea, meeting her, was going to change my Harley’s world.
Elyse owns Natural Paws – a company that makes Organic Skin Solutions for pets…
As she talked about her products I hung onto her every word. She had my undivided attention when she said “holistic remedies” #speakingdoodle
I left there with two of her products –
- TenderPaws – a lavender, tea tree, and chamomile scented paw licking and chewing spray. After a walk I spray and wipe their pads to remove the environmental allergens from the pavement and grass. It leaves their pads soothed and refreshed. TenderPaws works hard to draw out the toxins, and removes the feelings which cause the behavior of licking and chewing…
While the Benadryl decreased the itching sensation, the allergies were still there #doodleit
Since he’d started scratching other parts of his body I asked for a bottle of –
- Ditch The Itch – an all over spray for people like me feeling as if my dog was “allergic to the world.” A relief spray without the use of steroids or chemicals. I can spray his entire body (to include his itching paws) if needed and not worry about him licking the area – it only contains organic plant ingredients.
Natural Paws products have eased Harley’s discomfort tremendously. It offered him “external” relief as I tackled those annoying environmental allergens – from the inside #naturally
I promise to share my “internal” strategy with you on Monday. #comeonback
I am such a believer in the Natural Paws products I’ve used, ActivePaws is next on my list.
It contains organic essential oils and extracts specifically to promote strength and cellular repair to the paw pad.
This is going to be beneficial to Jaxson because beach sand can tear up a brother’s pads! #whoknew
ActivePaws comes with a bonus too! The cedar aroma also provides a natural insect repellent! I’m tempted to dab a drop behind my ears! #doodledareme
If you like what you’ve read about Natural Paws thus far, visit these other blog posts and learn about the products they took home and tested –
DOODLE*TASTIC GIVE-AWAY –
We’re all “tickled to Doodle” to offer you an opportunity to win your very own Natural Paws Set of Four…
As always, thanks so much for stopping by! It means the world to us to share what we learn with all of you.
Make this the best weekend ever – you deserve it!
A FEW DISCLAIMERS –
- I am not a veterinarian nor a scientist. I’m a pet parent always interested in understanding more about my dogs.
- Cathy C. Bennett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
- I was provided Natural Paws products in exchange for an honest review. Groovy Goldendoodles™ is not being compensated for this review. I only share information I feel is relevant to our readers.