This weekend I made the Boys a batch of Beef Ball treats made with “Love”…
Sure my heart was in it, but that’s not the only love I was referring to.
The Honest Kitchen makes a beef dehydrated grain free dog food called – Love! #agroovydoodlefavorite
Love Beef balls are bite-sized treats (grain and gluten free) that remind me of those cocktail meatballs you whip up when weekend guests come over to play cards, watch sports, or just #hangout…
This would be my second attempt at preparing homemade treats.
You may remember my Mango and Banana Freeze Pops also from The Honest Kitchen. I was “tickled to Doodle” to find out so many people enjoyed making them for their pups.
COMMENTS LIKE THESE MAKE OUR DAY –
Tried the pops and my doodle loved them! My girls are finally taking to them. What fruit can we substitute when mangos are no longer available? It stays hot down south a LONG time! – Peggi Duncan
THK recipes are extremely easy. They’re also NOT time consuming NOR expensive. And unlike other treats I’ve failed at, so far what I’ve made – they’ve gobbled up.
I’m also learning more about the benefits dogs receive from certain human foods, like –
- Green Peas – are a good source of the B vitamin Thiamin, phosphorous, and potassium
- Parsley & Rosemary – are safe spices to use
- Parsley – helps freshen a dogs breath,and also has vitamin C,K,and B, carotenoids, iron and limonene (and oil that kills bad mouth bacteria)
- Rosemary – is high in iron, calcium, and Vitamin B6, as well as being flavorful.
Here’s what I used…
HERE’S WHAT I DID –
- Combined ground beef, love beef recipe and broth in large bowl.
- Mashed the peas and one egg in the food processor
- Added the mashed pea mixture along with the cheese, parsley and rosemary to the beef mixture
- With a tablespoon (I used my fingers) roll into balls, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 375 F degrees
- Cool and serve
*Keep refrigerated in air tight container for freshness
THIS ONE’S FOR YOU –
I know somewhere out there – someone struggles (just like me) making treats for their pups. It may sound crazy but when your pet doesn’t like your homemade treats – it’s hard to accept #devadoodlestating
…I’ve been there 🙁
So I’m coming out from behind the camera and sharing video footage to inspire those like me – to jump up – pump that fist in the air and shout –
I’M GONNA JUST DOODLE DO IT!
Let THK help – visit their RECIPE PAGE, they’ve got lot’s of fun recipes. And please let us know how they turn out. #inquiringminds
Don’t be afraid of change – it’s leading you to a new beginning❤️
Groovy Goldendoodles™ is in a partnership with The Honest Kitchen®. GGD is being compensated for helping spread the word about The Honest Kitchen®, but Groovy Goldendoodles™ will only share information about a product we feel is relevant to our readers. The Honest Kitchen® is not responsible for the content of this article. I look to Harley and Jaxson for tail wagging approval.
This is our contribution in the BlogPaws Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.