Even though September is “right around the corner“, many States across this country are still experiencing sizzling, summer heat. That’s why (with some help from our friends at The Honest Kitchen), I decided to try my culinary skills with some freeze pops for pups…
Only a few ingredients required convinced me I could not fail AND I like any opportunity to incorporate a little Pro Bloom in their system
WHAT IS PRO BLOOM?-
Pro Bloom is a probiotic!
An all-natural goat milk formula that’s good for your pet and their gut! You can pour it onto kibble, use it to hydrate THK food or serve it as a Doodlelicious nutritious drink. #bedtimebeverage
BACK TO MY PUP POPS –
Here’s all you need –
- 1 cup mango (remove skin, discard seed and chop)
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1 tablespoon Honest Kitchen Pro Bloom
- Add all ingredients in a blender, puree for 1 minute (until mixture is smooth)
- Pour into ice cube trays or molds
HOLD UP –
I wanted to take these on an overnight trip. Ice cube molds nor trays would work this time.
I was “tickled to Doodle” when I came across Zip-a-Pop Disposable Popsicle Mold Bags online. #yesIdid
I poured my mixture into the bags, and laid them in a pyrex dish before placing them in the freezer…
Frozen solid by the following morning, I tossed them in the cooler and we were on our way.
After a two hour drive, we reached our destination. Fifteen minutes later Jaxson transformed into #dolphindoodle…
And #lifeguarddoodle patrolled the outer perimeter of the pool…
By the time I brought out THK Mango Banana Freeze Pup Pops – both Doods were ready for a cool refreshing treat.
Cold but not too hard (probably because of the fruit) – it was a hit with both Boys, however, I had to laugh at their unique eating habits!
Harley prefers for you to do the work. He’ll patiently wait for you to “push-up” a little at a time, then he nibbles it off…
Jaxson figured out quickly how to place his entire mouth on the pop and inhale as you squeeze LOL…
At the end of the popsicle, we were all pleased –
- Jaxson jumped back in the pool
- Harley jumped back on the lounge chair
- I threw the disposal popsicle bags in the trash!
SIDE NOTE –
I do own freezer molds, and I will use them for this treat. I liked using the bags this time because they worked well on the go.
The bags also make terrific treat bags for my purse or glove compartment too. Since I have 50 of them ($7.80 on Amazon) – I’ll be using them for a while. #ohyeahbaby
If you want more recipes – both Doodlelicious and nutritious for your pets – then visit THK Blog Page
ONE MORE THING –
Stop back by on Monday to find out where we ran away to and more exciting – how we got there….
Make some wonderful weekend memories
- Cathy C. Bennett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
- Groovy Goldendoodles™ is in a partnership with The Honest Kitchen®. GGD is being compensated for helping spread the word about The Honest Kitchen®, but Groovy Goldendoodles™ will only share information about a product we feel is relevant to our readers. The Honest Kitchen® is not responsible for the content of this article. I look to Harley and Jaxson for tail wagging approval.