I made it! I was actually at the 2016 Blog Paws Conference. As I strolled the conference center hallway, I thought about my top three priorities for this weekend. I wanted to –
- and focus on developing a better me – just for you…
WHAT IS BLOG PAWS? –
A 3 day pet blogging conference jam packed with educational sessions led by leading professionals networking with influencers, a busy exhibit hall, exciting brand events, and lots of pets! My first time visiting Phoenix and my living arrangements weren’t shabby AT ALL…
This was their eighth year and my second year as an attendee. I first attended three years ago. Naturally my experiences are as vastly different as the time in between.
WHAT DID I DISCOVER? –
More than I expected.
But if I had to summarize it in only one sentence: “I love this path that I’ve chosen!” #nojoke
Sharing space with hundreds of supportive, passion driven, like minded people for three consecutive days reinforced to me – my dream is actually my reality.
The camaraderie is real and the evidence speaks volumes for our mutual respect.
While we each have our individual niche and campaigns, it’s the four legged common denominator who inspires us. For them – we write, for them we want to know more.
- keynote speakers – who’ve forged ahead, and have valuable life lessons to tell. Their stories are the ones I cling to the most. They motivate me to remain driven. They remind me you deserve the very best of me.
- brands – spending hours to answer questions about every aspect of their product(s). The more I ask, the more I know, the better I am able to “honestly and sincerely” educate and inform you!
- bloggers – between meals and down time, during table top discussions and workshops, even “yappy hour”, “happy meow-urs” and “after paw-ties” you’ll find pockets of people laughing/sharing, teaching/learning, all wanting to help in whatever area of expertise is needed…
This is my community. And I love it!
SO, WHAT DID I LEARN? –
Surprising to me, in addition to learning how to –
- create valuable content
- increase monthly page views
- produce quality photographs for visual aids
I learned to be proud of how far I’ve come, yet this is only the beginning of where I want to go. The fears of success, of the unknown, I’ve left back on the floor of the main ballroom in Phoenix AZ. #whereitbelongs
I’m ready to take this thing to the next level and nothing would make me happier than to know you’re on this journey with me and my Boys!
THE BEST PART OF ALL? –
Besides my new found energy, excitement and inspiration?
My daughter joined me…
And although it was wonderful to see her, it was incredible for her to recognize me not only as her mother but also as the founder and creator of Groovy Goldendoodles™.
I overheard her telling her husband –
This is like a real conference Hon, they attend workshops and have award dinners and everything!
Watching her assimilate her surroundings, completely blown away with the size of my world, reinforced how vitality important it is for ALL of US to follow our dreams.
If at all possible – be like Nike and “just do it!” #youtoo
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE? –
I hope to apply much of what I’ve learned from –
- time management – could use some tweaking #accordingtomyman
- monetization – gotta keep the lights on #showmethemoney
- publishing an ebook – definitely ready to share more stories
- keeping you informed, engaged and always a part of our world. #mypriority!
Blog Paws travels to a different state every year. 2017 I’ll be closer – less than 100 miles from home. #myrtlebeachsc
This will be another first for me because I plan to bring the Boys. #actionJaxson
This was my view as I exited the airport. This made everyone smile, laugh and whip out their cameras. This is why I write…
ONE MORE THING –
It warms my heart when I hear from you. Comments and caffeine are the best parts of my day. When you share, it gives me insight into what you want more of when it comes to Groovy Goldendoodles™ So let’s talk – often!
I’m looking forward to developing a better me – just for you…
This is our contribution to the BlogPaws
Wordless Wordy #oops!Wednesday Blog Hop.
This is our contribution in the BlogPaws Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.