Six out of 10 pet owners want their pets in their family holiday photos. I am one of the six AND the first to admit I need holiday pet photo tips too!
Harley is wonderfully compliant when it comes to camera work. He learned my commands quickly and seems to understand all my silly gestures.
Jaxson (on the other paw) has had great difficulty learning how to close his mouth on command…
After months of trying, he surprised me one day when I gave him the signal and he closed his mouth…
Trouble is – it doesn’t stay closed for long #cantwinforlosing
MOUTH OPEN OR CLOSED –
Those are my contenders for the front of our family Christmas card this year. I continue to oscillate between the two.
Can you help a sistah’ out and tell me which one you’d rather see when you opened your mail?
When I looked for tips, these were the few I found most helpful –
- Minimize distractions – a quiet location works best.
- Let your pet be themselves – this is what makes me gravitate to the tongue out!
- Get on his level – sometimes you’ve just gotta get down there.
- Use the proper attention-getter – toys, treats, or noises from your mouth, find what works.
- Be PATIENT – not always easy – but necessary.
- Keep it short – abort after a few minutes, – give it a moment – then try again.
PINTEREST ROCKS –
I have resisted Pinterest for years. Just couldn’t feel the love for some reason. Recently I’ve become an admirer.
I wish I would have looked at Pinterest BEFORE now. There are dozens of creative ideas for Christmas photos with pets. Many seemed to highlight the pets personalities. I saw so many visualizations that could have captured their persona.
If you still haven’t taken your 2017 holiday photo – Check out these Christmas card photo ideas with dog from Pinterest.
Review this complete list of how to take perfect holiday pet pictures by Vet Street.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST –
Let us know whether we should share holiday cheer with the tongue hanging out or not!
Merry Everything & Happy Always ❤️
This is our contribution in the BlogPaws Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.