Pepperoni and sausage pizza, two diet Ginger Ale sodas (YUP, TWO!), followed by a few scoops of vanilla ice cream for dessert can really do a number on a person late at night. That was my dinner a few months ago (what was I thinking?). I craved it, I enjoyed it, and I didn’t get sick HOWEVER, I had a nasty nightmare once I fell asleep. I dreamt I lost Leo! There was no ending, because I woke myself up too soon. With no closure, I find myself thinking about it periodically.
When that happens, I calm myself down with the reassurance that Leo has a “microchip” embedded in his back. If lost, someone would find him, transport him to a veterinarian and we would be reunited. This rational thinking rocks me back to a “happy place” letting me bury those other ugly thoughts and I keep it moving.
This particular nightmare and other silly notions that sometimes dance through my head, helped me say “yes” when PetHub asked me if I wanted to do a product review on their Personalized Nylon ScruffTag Easy-Release Digital Pet ID Collars. I was very excited and extremely interested. Here’s why.
The Boys hang out a great deal with DH and I. They love to tag along as we discover exciting, fun, AND “new” places. People love to gather round, and at times it can be overwhelming…
We’re never afraid, and we watch them very closely. There have been times when the crowd becomes too much (way too many – approaching too fast) and we will both agree to abort, regardless to our original plans. If The Boys are not having a good time, “we’re outta there.”
The fact is, whether we’re in our own neighborhood, or out and about, it’s comforting to know we are “as prepared as possible” in the event (God forbid) something goes wrong.
The microchip is great to have, however, I am relying heavily on:
- The right person to find them
- That person doing the right thing by taking them to a location where the chip can be scanned
Although I am still “pro” microchip, I was intrigued with the concept of the Digital Pet ID Collar as an additional “layer of protection” because it assists with producing instant recovery…
The Basic plan comes free with every tag –
- Storage of Your Pet’s Information – put all of your pet’s data online, in one place
- Linking a tag – you can link one or more of PetHub’s (or PetHub’s partners’) ID tags to your pet’s profile
- 24/7 Lost Pet Call Center – our staffed call center will help someone finding your pet reach you or someone you trust
- Articles about Pets – PetHub.com offers over 500 searchable articles to help you raise and nurture your happy, healthy pets
Of course you can “upgrade” to their Premium Subscription Package for just a few dollars annually.
- Community Alert – The “Report Missing” link on your pet’s profile allows you to notify nearby shelters, coffee shops and pet stores that your pet is missing. You simply profile the address of where your pet was last seen and we’ll broadcast your pet’s profile to them so that they can print it out and hang it up or have it handy if they see the animal (including your emergency phone numbers, critical medications, and more)
- Tag Scan Notifications– when someone scans your pet’s tag, you’re automatically notified. Thought Rufus was in the backyard, but get a scan notification? Think again: Rufus is on the loose!
- GPS Map – our customers’ #1 Favorite Feature is the GPS Map that is sent with the PetHub Scan Notification. Imagine how cool it will be to not just know that someone has scanned your pet’s tag, but also to see on a map where they are! We send you the GPS data we pulled from their phone.
- Partner Discounts – Looking for insurance to help keep your pet protected if they go missing? We’ve got that and we’re adding more partners!
PetHub sent me two collars (complete with the engraved names and my cell number), I wish to thank them publicly for not making me choose between doodles. They sent me a collar for each!
I chose the “easy-release” version because Harley doesn’t care for the “jingle- jangle” sound that accompanies the hanging tags. They offer a variety of styles and colors for you to choose from. The collars are sturdy, soft, pliable, and I haven’t had a hair/fur matting issue which is something I’ve run into in the past.
Uploading the information was easy and user friendly and once the app was downloaded on my phone, I simply scanned and “voila” …
DH and the two legged children will scan their phones as well so we can all be in the loop…
DISCLOSURE: I was not compensated for this review. I was given two Personalized Nylon ScruffTag Easy-Release Digital Pet ID Collars. All opinions are my own!
Thanks for reading, share this post please so others may be informed also…