Is your dog ready for dining out? Are you comfy having him join you at a restaurant?…
And if you did, would YOU enjoy your meal?
A 2015 survey from the American Pet Products Association found that more than 54 million households in the U.S. have a dog. To accommodate them, top restaurants across the country are opening up to pet owners and their furry dinner dates. Josh Weiss-Roessler
Many states across the country now offer you the option to dine out with your dog.
Since Charleston has over 40 pet friendly restaurants for us to choose from, Harley & Jax accompany us often #somanychoices
I wondered if there were tips to learn from when it comes to dining out with the Boys.
I wanted additional info on how to enjoy a meal w/o –
- or stealing food
5 TIPS FOR DINING OUT WITH YOUR DOG –
- Feed them first – makes sense! If it’s a time in-between meals, I always travel with a little sumpin-sumpin special that they love.
- Wear them out – Before we stop to eat anywhere – even if it’s just to grab a bite, I make sure Jax has had sufficient exercise.
- Head where it’s puppy-approved – of course! We try to do our research online first.
- Bring distractions – I tote my own stuff, disposable bowls, snacks, even a towel because the floors can sometimes be a little sticky or dirty #noticeourtowel
- Know your dog – I know what startles Jaxson, so when I see a group of waiters coming out to sing the birthday song to another guest, I start stroking his head while talking to him.
We haven’t made it to all 40 yet. But there’s one in particular I keep going back to, and that’s Fuel…
Once an old school gas station, Fuel now has an open air concept that serves caribbean influence cuisine of local fish tacos, burgers, and island- influenced entrees #sogood…
Trust me – not only do we (and most of Charleston) love it – but so does this guy #GuyFieri
THE FINAL FOUR
We’re in the Final Four round of the Go Pet Friendly “Best City for Pet Travelers” tournament and we’re running on pure adrenaline now. #doodlestoked
If you played a role (no matter the size) in last nights Elite 8 round – #weoweyou
The Final Four starts today, and voting ends on Saturday, April 2nd at 9:00pm
We’re up against St. Augustine, Fl. I’m sure it’s a lovely place, but my heart beats #charleston
Justine Broome and all our friends at Fuel are routing for us –
Will you join the #Charlestonfever?
HERE’S HOW TO VOTE –
Then click CHARLESTON
Share with your friends
This is when only the Big
Dogs Doodles get to stay on the porch. #woof!
Let’s make every shot count – nothing but net! #alldaylong