I was speechless in October when Pamela from Something Wagging This Way Comes nominated me for the Liebster. Pamela writes about her life with “Honey” her Golden Retriever. She and her husband (along with Honey) plan to embrace a lifelong dream – they shall live on a sailboat very soon and explore parts of the world by sea!
I was honored to receive this award!
Collar me flattered in February when Elaine from Chasing Dog Tales nominated me for the Liebster. After a successful career in IT, Elaine is now following her passion – dogs. On her website you can find helpful training tips, product reviews and even a few dog tales.
Again, I was honored to receive this award.
In March, I sat at my desk with tears in my eyes when M.K. Clinton from Barking From The Bayou gave me a shout out AND a nomination for the Liebster. MK aka GRITS (Girl raised in the South) published writer extraordinaire, lives with her husband and Bentley – the coolest Basset Hound ever!
Unbelievable! I was honored to receive this award…
Now that I’ve accepted these awards I am to answer 11 questions from each who’ve nominated me. I will then nominate 3-11 fellow bloggers. Here we go!
SOMETHING WAGGING THIS WAY COMES ASKED…
1. What three personal traits are you most proud of? My optimism – loyalty – independent thinking.
2. Why did you start blogging? – I enjoy writing. The Boys attract so much attention. Writing about them made sense.
3. Why do you continue to blog? – Their adventures sprinkled with dog related information addressing health, nutrition, toys and treats generate such enthusiasm – why not blog?
4. What does your dream life look like? – Lee and I in Charleston, SC with Harley and Jax. Surrounded by family just living, loving and experiencing life together. #easy
5. What prevents you from living your dream life? – Well … not much! Just have to put our plans into motion, sell the house and move. #prettyeasy
6. How do you feel when your blogging is going well? – It’s a euphoric experience to know something I’ve written has left an impression in someone’s life.
7. Who makes you feel like your best self? – The people who mean the most – my family. They deserve the best of me, and in return they bring out the best of me.
8. Which bloggers most inspire you? – Bloggers who are passionate about their subject matter. When they love what they’re writing about, it draws me in. I “feel” words. They come alive to me.
9. When did you do something that took real courage? – June 27, 2014 the morning after Leo died. I sat at my computer and told the world he was gone.
10. What three things give you the greatest joy? – (1) Watching God work – I wake up each morning with anticipation, waiting to see what He has in store for me. (2) My human children – I treasure our time together. I will always love them, but it’s an incredible feeling to “like” the adults they have become. (3). Growing old with the person who “gets” me the most – my BFF, my hubby.
CHASING DOG TALES ASKED…
1. What’s your primary motivation for blogging? To share Harley & Jax with the world!
2. How would you describe your dog’s personality? – Harley is that little ole man up in heaven who got in the wrong line when it was time to come back. He is too smart for his own good! Jax is fur at 100 MPH
3. What do you find most frustrating about blogging?- Concentrating on “the numbers.” Had to let them go. I was fixated on product reviews, getting paid and bounce rates. I’m a happier human now focusing on staying true to what I believe my readers want to know! Surprisingly the numbers look better than ever! #gofigure
4. What do you find most rewarding about blogging? I received a comment from a woman who told me how much she looks forward to my Monday morning posts. She said Groovy Goldendoodles starts her week off right! To this day I remember her comment. To this day, it still makes me smile.
5. What is something people would be surprised to know about you? – I will ride a motorcycle anywhere in the world, but if you try and make me get on a roller coaster of any type, I will cry like a baby. #terrified
6. What have you learned from your dog? Life is precious and meant to be lived to its fullest. Leo lived each and everyday as if it were his last. He played hard and loved me with all 98 lbs of his being for the four short years he was here.
7. What was the hardest thing to teach your dog? I continue to fail miserably with any and all training techniques to discourage Harley from jumping on people.
8. What type of articles do you enjoy working on the most? Lately more informative articles about the Goldendoodle. I wish to offer a better balance between personal stories for entertainment and educational information about this hybrid breed.
9. If you could share only one piece of wisdom with novice dog owners, what would it be? Be serious about your commitment. When you bring a dog into your home, into your life, you are adding another member to your family.
10. What do you have planned in the near future for your blog? Branding!
11. What makes you laugh? Some would say any and everything! I would have to agree. I love to laugh, I adore being happy. For me everything is Groovy – as in Goldendoodles 🙂
BARKING FROM THE BAYOU…
Instead of creating 11 new questions, MK Clinton invited me to choose my own from the array of questions listed on her two nominations. Since I’ve answered those questions by Pamela & Elaine myself, I thought I would let Harley handle these.
1. What is the craziest thing you have ever done with your human? Walking into the human bathroom on the interstate. Those other ladies weren’t happy to see me in there – pawhaps because I was peeking under the stall walls! #youthink?
2. What is your favorite game to play with your human? – Recliner races in the evening. The first one there gets the best part of the chair.
3. Do you sleep in the bed with your human? – Not often – I’ve got a tempurpedic mattress.
4. Do you free-food or do you have set meal times? – We have set meal times. I have about an hour or so before she covers it up. I’ve learned to eat in an hour. #callmespeedy
5. What are your all-time favorite treats? – Everyday of my life – Greenies – 3:45- 4:00pm. My humans are trained!
6. What is your favorite game to play with your human? – Water bottles! She drinks them, and I take the tops off when she’s done.
7. How many dogs are in Doodleville and would you ever add another to the pack? – Two Doods seem to work best for us.Nice having someone else around who speaks my language. #doodleslang
8. Have you used a professional pet sitter? – No – rarely do we get left behind.
9. How about a professional groomer? – Oh yeah baby. We play hard so we’re bathed regularly
10. What are your all-time favorite treats? – Fruits and veggies and all natural goodies from companies she trusts.
11. Do you have medical pet insurance? Sure do!
- Should you accept this award, acknowledge by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated.
- Copy and paste the Liebster logo onto your own blog.
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
- Answer the 11 questions put to you by the person who nominated you (*Please choose 11 from any of the ones in this post).
- Nominate and link to 3 to 11 other blogs you enjoy.
- List 11 questions for your Liebster Award nominees on your blog.
- Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
Thank you Pamela, Elaine and MK for my nominations.
Make this a GROOVY day!
Be kind to someone and as always, thank you so very much for sharing me with all your friends!