Harley and Jaxson are going to be Beach Bum Doodles today!…
Like many other cities across this country, Charleston is experiencing soaring temps and stifling humidity.
Triple digit heat index has strangely become the norm. #sizzlelife
I sweat profusely just getting the mail!
If I walk them any earlier in the morning, it will be dark and I’ll need a flashlight!
Harley actually rolled his eyes at me when I tried to serve breakfast before dawn.
During the middle of the day the streets and sidewalks are on fire. I know because I tested them. #ouch
They don’t wear booties so we have mini breaks in the backyard throughout the day.
Sunday, Jaxson whined to go out. It was only 11:00am -ish.
I threw the ball three times, he caught it twice #doodledown…
Monday, I tried to entertain them with the sprinkler.
Harley watched from the window and Jaxson paid it no attention #GenerationZDoodles…
HOW HOT IS IT? –
Yesterday when I tried to take a few pictures, my lens captured the heat in the photo…
So we’re headed to the Isles of Palms beach in the morning…
WHAT DO I BRING TO THE BEACH? –
- Food, treats and water – lot’s of water!!
- Poop bags – water play makes my pups poop! #keepingitreal
- Extra leashes – I have short leashes for walking to/around the beach, but use longer leashes for swimming.
- Shade and sunscreen – umbrellas and blankets are a must. I want them protected with a cool covered place to rest. White haired dogs are prone to damage from the sun, a spray for skin protection is a good thing.
- Towels – plenty to dry off before flopping on the blanket, and clean ones after that final rinse before leaving.
- Toys – floating toys and balls, can’t forget those 🙂
BEACH SAFETY TIPS –
- Protect their paws – if the sand is too hot for me, then it’s too hot for them. I carry paw wax with me. #justincase
- Don’t over exercise – this is when the blanket and treats come in handy. We rest a great deal between water romps.
- Rinse off after playing – their skin is sensitive and sand can be very irritating. I bring shampoo too! If there is a hand held hose available I’ll do the whole shampoo thing right there. #ohyesIwill
WATER SAFETY TIPS –
- Know your dog in the water – don’t always assume your dog can swim. Never leave them unattended.
- Don’t drink the water – salt water is not meant for consumption. Have plenty of water to discourage the alternative.
- Strong tides – respect them! they are unforgiving.
If you live near (or are visiting) the Isles of Palms and you see a woman wearing an umbilical belt being pulled by two white doodles as she drags two huge bags, balancing a chair, a cooler and a folded up umbrella, it’s okay to laugh.
After all, if I saw me – I’d be cracking up! #likeSteveHarvey
ONE MORE THING! –
Our Rocco & Roxie Liver Treat Give-Away and 20%discount ends at midnight! These are super crunchy tasty treats…
It’s the middle of the week – celebrate ❤️
Disclaimer: Cathy C. Bennett is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
This is our contribution in the BlogPaws Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.