Over the weekend I tried a new recipe – Beef, Pumpkin, Quinoa Burgers from The Honest Kitchen…
Between easy and quick recipes I understand, and two eager and willing recipients of my culinary masterpieces – I’ve gained confidence cooking for them these past few months. Not to mention, how much better I feel knowing exactly what’s going into their tummies.
DOG OBSESSED –
It’s THK’s complete guide to a happier, healthier life for the pup – and I love it!
Included in this book are 45 new recipes. My goal is to try each one at least once.
Burgers with ingredients straight out of your kitchen. Super easy to make with very little effort involved…
ALL YOU NEED –
- 2 cups uncooked instant quinoa
- 1/2 cup canned 100% cooked pumpkin
- 3/4 cup ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 free-range egg
WHY QUINOA? –
Quinoa – that one food you walk up and down the store aisle multiple times searching for. Probably because you’re not quite sure what it is, where it is, and you don’t want to ask anyone because you’re unsure how to pronounce it #mytruth
I’m grateful to have learned (and now share) that because of Quinoa, this treat is –
quick and easy to make and is a great choice if your pup has sensitivities to gluten and common grains. Quinoa is technically a seed, not a true grain, and it’s not used in most pet foods because it’s more expensive than other grains. Source: The Honest Kitchen – Dog Obsessed
*I was never able to find the “instant” quinoa – so I purchased organic and cooked it first. The Boys didn’t seem to mind. I drained it and allowed it to cool a bit. #deviatingdoodlemom
ALL YOU DO –
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the quinoa and pumpkin.
- Add the beef, parsley, and egg. Stir until well blended.
- Use your hands or 2 tablespoons to shape the mixture into the balls sized appropriately for your dog. Place them on the prepared baking sheet and gently flatten them into “burgers.” Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until slightly golden on the outside but still soft in the middle. Cool before serving.
These treats can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week…
At some point I’d like to make ALL of their treats myself. I’ve been paying more attention lately to the amount of sugar in the commercial treats on the shelves. #notgood
Not to mention the Boys are always so appreciative…
LOOK OUT RACHEL RAY –
They make me feel so special when I’m in the kitchen creating tasty goodness for them…
New Monday, New Week, New Goals ❤️
Groovy Goldendoodles™ is in a partnership with The Honest Kitchen®. GGD is being compensated for helping spread the word about The Honest Kitchen®, but Groovy Goldendoodles™ will only share information about a product we feel is relevant to our readers. The Honest Kitchen® is not responsible for the content of this article. I look to Harley and Jaxson for tail wagging approval.