Welcome to reflections. The last entry in my Diary of a Middle Aged Puppy Mom series.
A collection of stories about one subject with a dual purpose –
(1) to keep you laughing, while I receive (2) free therapy sessions #everybodywins
Jaxson celebrated his first birthday on New Years Eve. Here it is February and and I’m still alive. #thereisaGod
SO I BRING YOU –
Last March I thought I had lost my ever loving doodle mind when I brought home a 9 week old puppy. #scream
After the first month my body parts were in serious warfare because of him. My heart loved him, yet my mind questioned him, and my muscles cursed him. #outloud
WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? –
That’s what my girlfriends asked me after staring at my disheveled appearance. My uncombed hair, sleep deprived eyes and wavering gait gave them reason to worry. And that’s the same question I asked myself when I crawled out of bed multiple times before dawn for potty breaks. #24/7baby
IT MADE ME WONDER –
- Could it be true?
- Am I insane?
- Could I actually be too old to raise a puppy?
Women my age don’t dare bear children. Should I have taken that as a sign? #doodleastrology
Raising Jax wasn’t supposed to be that much different than when I did it before. Intellectually it wasn’t. But honey, physically it was a different world.
Hence the series…
He’s super easy to love…
…and it’s impossible to stay angry with him…
This 65-lb bundle of curls has taught me a few things thus far.
- You really are as old as you feel. Some days I’m 28 and some days I’m 82 #noinbetween
- Caffeine is magic! My doodle clock is relentless – there is no snooze button #lickalarm
- If anyone I know ever swallows a sock, I have the peroxide recipe memorized #Icansaveyou
- If you need your screen replaced because your dog walked through it – call a sistah’ #1-800-onmyway #Igotyou
Yes indoodledeed – this has been a year I will never forget nor regret. I live with and love completely the canine version of Dennis the Menace. Don’t let the sweet face, curly fluffy soft hair fool you…
But if I had to sum him up in one word – I would choose the one which carries this definition:
a beneficial thing for which one is grateful; something that brings well-being:
ONE MORE THING –
If your day could use a laugh enhancer, here are the first three entries to Diary of a Middle Aged Puppy Mom #thatsme
Have a great day and keep smiling – it’s free – it’s fun and it feels good 🙂