It’s here! 2105! The Christmas decorations are coming down, GPS systems are navigating families back home from holiday vacay’s and children across the country are dreading the thought of returning to school on Monday. So what’s next you might ask? Well, grab a beverage and let’s talk about those New Year’s Resolutions.
A resolution is when a person makes a promise to do an act of self-improvement or something slightly nice, generally beginning on New Years Day…
I’m twice (pawhaps three times) as guilty as the next person when it comes to first of the year promises. I can’t begin to confess the number of resolutions I’ve successfully failed. I think my biggest flaw was trying to outline a plan in the first place…
This year – I came up with an outstanding idea. Why not help “someone else” with their resolutions? Think about it – if I assisted in the “self-improvement” of a furrend – could I not share in that accomplishment?
Here’s my master plan:
- I will partner with Harley
- I can help him set reasonable goals and objectives.
- Together (with me as his motivational coach) he is destined to succeed.
- I’ve got a New Years Resolution in place, and I don’t have to change my life style much at all.
Sounds like a “win-win” to me 🙂
Here’s a few we can start working on immediately #notimelikethepresent
1. Pretending to be “Helpless Harley” making your human sibling hold the food bowl for you #really?
2. Allowing the other dogs to win a wrestling romp once in a while. There’s nothing wrong with your furrends having a taste of victory from time to time #thugdoodle
3. Being more cooperative during a photo shoot and not turn your back on the ever so patient photographer #divodoodle
4. Sleeping in your own bed, and giving the pet parental units a break once in a while #bedhoggingdoodle
5. Surprise the “doodle” out of the Doodle Mom and actually come the FIRST time she calls you #stubborndoodle
HERE’S A BIGGIE
6. WALKING when Doodle Mom says walk! #halleDOODLElujah
Tell me – be honest too, do you think these are unreasonable expectations?
Trust me, I know I’m taking on a lot, but my mantra has always been “keep hope alive!” so I’ll just keep on hoping!
It’s a new year so be kind to someone and as always, thank you so very much for sharing me with all your friends!