It wasn’t until I arrived in Charleston, that I started paying attention to the abundance of mobile grooming vans in the area…
As I searched for a clone of the Olde Towne Pet Resort grooming salon we left behind, I contemplated whether or not I should give “grooming on wheels” a try.
Having never been inside one – Youtube sufficed as my best bet for a tour of one in Naples, Fl…
Impressive, especially if all the vans are this clean and use such state of the art equipment!
Here’s an abbreviated list of benefits AND “potential” drawbacks utilizing mobile grooming stations.
- Convenience – No brainer here, the groomer comes to you!
- Less Stress – If your pet suffers from separation anxiety when he/she is away from you OR if they get car sick, then this is the work around for you.
- Private – Many pets do not appreciate being around other animals. If this is the case with your pet – then this would solve a huge problem.
- Cost – Like anything else – convenience is bound to cost you a little more.
- Tight Quarters– From what I could see in the video, it was well designed to maximize space, yet it looked a little too small and confining. the thought of Jaxson inside a van with the walls so close and me not around would make me anxious.
- Location – We live on a relatively busy street. I would be terrified of an inexperienced, text messaging, heavy gas “pedal to the metal” moron not paying attention and plowing into the back of the van during a shampoo and a rinse. I shudder at the thought.
QUALIFIED PET GROOMER –
Locating the pawfect loving competent groomer for your dog isn’t easy. Whatever your preference – brick and mortar or on wheels – the main focus is qualifications and a love for animals.
Do your homework, ask the right questions, and start slow.
On our first few visits I only schedule a bath. We work our way up to a full groom.
Pay attention to your dogs personality when they leave and watch them closely when you bring them back.
The second time we walked into a particular grooming salon, Harley was very apprehensive. He was pleading with his eyes not for me to leave him. I put my two dirty doodles back in my car and came home! #suredid
MOBILE GROOMING –
Apparently this industry seems to be growing by leaps and bounds all across the country. I’m happy for those who are able to have their pups serviced when possibly – otherwise – wouldn’t have been able to do so.
Mobile Grooming is certainly an alternative, but for me and my Boys – I think we’re going to stay put!
Only 12 minutes away makes it a quick drive over a gorgeous bridge. Both Boys love the groomers. Interacting with the staff is always fun, and shopping in their bakery is a treat. #punintended
The Boys get bathed together…
…and Jaxson loves to sit in the waiting area chair while they “prepare” his tub #cantmakethisstuffup
So I think we’ll stick with brick and mortar. What about you? Have you tried mobile grooming stations yet?
It’s Monday – go the extra mile – it’s never crowded ❤️